Advantages of EMR:
• Tracks data records over long periods of time
• Pinpoints patients who are due for preventive visits and screenings
• Monitors patients progress by examining parameters such as vaccinations and blood pressure readings
• Improve overall quality of healthcare service within a regulated practice
Disadvantages of EMR:
• The high capital cost to maintain the system that may not yield sufficient return on investment for small practices
• More challenging to incorporate new technology systems within a structured system
• Concern that implemented system may become outdated
• Lack of skilled resources to implement and maintain systems
• Possible unintended consequences of technology
• Difficult to transfer patient data from one practice to another due to different operating programs
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is a repository that contains standard medical and clinical data compiled in a healthcare provider’s office. EMRs provide insight into a patient’s medical history that allows for healthcare providers to effectively diagnose and treat their patients. EMRs are instrumental in healthcare delivery as they facilitate workflow and impact the quality of patient care and patient safety. EMRs are more advanced than traditional paper records as these are digital records that are accessible with just a few clicks.
Inefficient processes cost hospitals and clinics time, money, and patients, yet most organizations are unaware of the impact this has on the healthcare industry! At TruePixel Medical, we review, analyze, simplify and streamline your workflow processes, allowing you to achieve sustainable cost reduction, increased performance, and ultimately improve patient health outcomes. Our focus is to identify your pain points and generate maximum results by improving efficiency and reducing costs.